Monday, September 21, 2009

The Summum Pyramid

Well, The Summum Pyramid isn't exactly a fable or secret. But, Not many people are aware of it's existence.

The Summum Pyramid is located at the corner of 700 West Genesee Avenue(850 South). It is 40 feet long at the base and stands 26 feet tall. It is a temple for the Summum faith. It is said to be aligned with what the Summum's believe to be the true north of earth. The pyramid is used to create and store the Summum Nectar Publications, as a classroom for students studying the Summum Philosophy, and it is used to conduct sacred initiations.

I guess you can think of the Summum's as a sort of Hybrid of the Egyptian beliefs. Around the pyramid are all types of Egyptian hieroglyphs and as their website clearly states, they practice mummification.

When I went there it seemed pretty cool. It's not in the best part of town but it looks like people respect it and leave it alone, There wasn't any visible tagging or vandalism. It is definitely something to check out if your in the area.

Here are some Pictures of the pyramid, and as always the google street view.  

Off their Website:

 

 

Google Street View: 



3 comments:

  1. This is absolutely fantastic! I'm loving your blog and I'm learning sooo much about where I live!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sue. My plan is to write one blog a week about some legend or fable around the Salt lake area. I am only writing one a week so that I can go and check it out for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kev,
    I also find this really cool. I havn't had a chance to explore your sight but are you familiar with the Gilgal sculpture garden in Salt Lake? It it too is cool in its own unusual way.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete